At Wellness Pharmacy, we are committed to being an integral part of the network of care for those in our communities. We firmly believe that our involvement with local and national organizations not only supports them in their respective causes, but also enables us to better provide the care their clients require.
We are proud to be partners in care with the following groups:
- Diabetes Canada
- Diabetes Canada partners with community pharmacies across Canada to provide diabetes resources and events that include Diabetes Days, screening, foot clinics, ask the experts or other diabetes-related topics.
- Fraser Health Authority
- Wellness Pharmacy has partnered with South Asian Health Institute (SAHI) to provide prevention education. Our pharmacists educate our South Asian patients on their increased risk of diabetes and heart disease and the importance of reducing sugars and eating healthier balanced meals, empowering them to make healthier decisions that will improve health and well-being.
- Vancouver Helping Hands Foundation
- Vancouver Helping Hands Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that provides free essential hygiene products and other necessities to those in need in the Vancouver Downtown Eastside. Wellness Pharmacy is a proud sponsor of Vancouver Helping Hands. We have held several joint events including the pancake breakfast and the blanket drive to help improve the lives of Downtown Eastside residents.
- Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre
- The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre (DEWC) provides shelter, food, and other necessities to women in need in the Downtown Eastside. Wellness Pharmacy donates to and supports the DEWC by providing glucose test clinics and education sessions on a regular basis. We are working with the DEWC to create more opportunities for our healthcare team members to contribute to the safe and healthy lifestyle of women at the centre.
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Mental Health and Addictions Team
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Arthritis Society
- Osteoporosis Canada
- Aga Khan Foundation Canada
- Integrated Medication Management Program
- Diabetes Certification & Education Program
- BC Medication Management Project
- BC Transplant
- BC Renal
- The Hospital Activity Book for Children
Read how our people are working to make our communities stronger and healthier.